Hello everyone and Happy New Year for 2011.What a year it's going to be.
I'm at the beginning of the organizing for the Perth to Sydney Thank You Camel Expedition 2013 and the task of finding those who will be able to help with the planning, the advertising, promotion and getting through the paperwork for such a task.
WHERE DO YOU START?
If anyone has contacts that may be able to assist with or is in an industry that may be interested, please don"t hesitate to get in contact with me.
Ros and I were in Sydney for the Christmas break. It was my first time to the centre of the city and I had no idea just how busy and big it was. I had driven through Sydney once before but never spent any time there. It's going to be a massive challenge to walk with the camels into Sydney through the mountains and then through the suburbs before reaching the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House for Trishna and Krishna's birthday on the 22/12/2013. Getting through Sydney is possibly the biggest challenge of the entire expedition. Sure there will be hurdles along the way and challenges as the camels and I walk across the deserts of Australia, but if you know me, I'm not a city boy.
This year I am going to start to lay down the ground work with the necessary authorities to be able to get the job done.
What I have in mind is a big birthday party for all kids. Especially those who have been ill or are undergoing medical care.
Camels For Kids Day. So close to Christmas, surely Santa would want to get involved as well.
I naturally took some photos of the area to assist me to get a mental picture of what the expeditions target is. I'll post them here so I can see the target when I read back through the blogs.
The walk towards the Sydney Harbour Bridge from the North Side towards the South.
The Sydney Opera House View from the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Entering Sydney From The Sydney Harbour Bridge.
The goal. To reach one of Australia's most recognized landmarks. The Sydney Opera House.
The Sydney Harbour Bridge, it's a magnificent bridge and it's my goal to walk the camels across it with supporters of Moira Kelly and the Children First Foundation.
Some of the goals of the project are:
- To have as many people walk with the camels across the bridge to the opera house to say, Happy Birthday to Trishna and Krishna and to all of the kids under medical care.
- To gather as many people as possible to say thank you to Moira Kelly and the Children First Foundation for their work changing and saving children's lives.
- To create a fundraiser for the Children First Foundation.
- To celebrate those who help children in great need.
- To walk across Australia using camels as a means of carrying food, water and other necessities of life.
I will need assistance with the following:
- The Authorities. Gaining permission to conduct such an event in both Perth and Sydney.
- Advertising. Before, during and leading up to the target date and venue.
- Places to stay when I'm in the more populated areas along the route. Also in Perth and in Sydney. ie schools, churches, public areas.
- Ground support when in Perth and in approaching Sydney.
- Police and security support in Perth and Sydney. ie traffic control support.
- Positive media coverage.
- A documentary maker that has the objectives of the expedition in mind, to help with the awareness and fundraising for the Children First Foundation.
- Transportation of camels to Perth from Beltana Station S.A. and from Sydney to Beltana Station.
- and a whole variety of things that will come to light as the organization of the expedition unfolds.
One thing I learnt from the Darwin to Melbourne Thank You Camel Expedition 2008-2009 was that there are so many supportive people and organizations out there and so many are willing to assist if given the chance to. Much thanks to them all, that expedition was successful.
The other thing I learnt was to ask for help.
HELP! Please, if you can.
Contacts, enthusiasm, involvement are all helpful in so many different ways.
Together, we can create a fantastic programe that is of benefit to others, namely, children in need. That's what it's all about.
This year, the camels and I will be working with Beltana Station Camel Safaris so I will be able to see what is needed to complete this solo expedition across Australia from Perth and into Sydney in 2013.
To my knowledge, no-one has crossed the continent twice on foot. (I didn't ride the camels on the last expedition and I won't be riding them on this one). Walking all of the way. If anyone has other information to the contrary, I would love to hear from you.
Once again, for me it's a privelage and an honour to be able to help Moira Kelly and the Children First Foundation in such a manner and I hope many of you who read this blog will also find it an honour and a privelage as well and get involved with the planning and implimentation of the Perth To Sydney Thank You Camel Expedition 2013.
I can be contacted through the following means:
Mobile: 0428304005 (not all that effective as I am mostly out bush).
email: email@example.com (No spam please. It will be dumped immediately)
Beltana Station Camel Safari Website: http://www.australiancamels.com/
or by commenting on this blogsite.
That reminds me. If this project interests you in any shape or form and you want to become a follower of the project to receive blogs and journals as the project progresses and is implimented, please feel free to become a member of the site.
Have a great year in 2011 and I really look forward to hearing from you all in the future.
Sincerely and faithfully yours,
Beltana Station Camel Safaris
Here is the picture of the goal for the Perth to sydney Thank You Camel Expedition once again.
If you can, please help me get there.