The Perth To Sydney Thank You Camel Expedition Route

The Perth To Sydney Thank You Camel Expedition Route
Trans-continental Camel Expedition Route

Thank You Camel Expeditions, Australia

Thank You Camel Expeditions, Australia
Russell Osborne and his expedition camels

Desert Crossing

Desert Crossing
Gravity Lake, Canning Stock Route

About Russell Osborne

My photo
For ten years I had been planning a transcontinent expedition as a fundraiser for the Children First Foundation. My wife and I left Katherine April 2008 and arrived in Melbourne on the 22/11/09, walking over 6500 Km in total, taking in some of the harshest and remote areas of the planet. Currently, I am organising another Transcontinental Camel Expedition from Perth to Sydney, again for Moira Kelly's Children First Foundation. I work as a keynote Speaker, Ambassador for the Children First Foundation and operate Camel Safaris in South Australia on Beltana Station.

Perth to Sydney Thank You Camel Expedition Aims and Objectives

The Perth to Sydney Thank You Camel Expedition will leave Perth early 2013 to travel across the Nullabor, through the deserts of Western Australia and South Australia, across New South Wales and enter Sydney on the 22/12/2013, (Trishna and Krishna's Birthday), in support of Moira Kelly's Children First Foundation.

The camel trek will:

Take approximately ten months to complete

Cover approximately 4200kms.

Trek through some of Australia's remotest deserts.

Cross the Australian continent from the west coast to the east

coast.

Help some children with critical illnesses.

Involve corporations and Individuals in a fund-raising expedition.

Create awareness of the work done by the Children First Foundation.

Raise funds along the journey to assist a child in desperate medical need through the Children First Foundation.

Celebrate Trishna and Krishna's birthday (22/12/2013) and the birthday's of all children in need of life saving and life changing medical assistance.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Celebrating Life. Men achieving Dreams, Goals and Ambitions.

The Darwin to Melbourne Thank You Camel Expedition 2008-2009 Video

Hello and welcome to the Perth to Sydney Thank You Camel Expedition site if this is your first time here.
My name is Russell Osborne and I am a Transcontinental Camel Expeditioner in Australia supporting Moira Kelly and the Children First Foundation.

The Video on display above was of a journey my wife Ros and I undertook in 2008-2009, walking 6500 kms from the Top End in the Northern Territory to Melbourne's Royal Children's Hospital at the same time Moira was looking after separated conjoined twins, Trishna and Krishna just after their separation operation.

The next transcontinental Camel Expedition I am undertaking will go from Perth in Western Australia to Sydney. Again to support the Children First Foundation but also to be a part of Trishna and Krishna's Birthday celebration.

My intention is to reach Sydney and mothers, fathers and families with children can join us with Trishna and Krishna to celebrate a big birthday party for these two wonderful girls.

As I cross Australia, once again, this time solo, I shall keep everyone informed as to my progress, people I meet along the way, places I visit and the scenery I experience.

This next expedition will also mean I will break an Australian record (to my knowledge) of being the only person to have walked across Australia twice. Not ride the camels, but walked the entire way.

I also hope that this will encourage men in particularly, of my age group, that dreams can and do come true and that life is well worth living and striving for the best in all of us to be celebrated. I know of many men who have fallen into a rut in life and would love to break free to achieve dreams and goals. Call it a mid life crises if you wish but it is so much more than that. It is a celebration of choice, achievement, struggles, goal setting, and love.

Please feel free to join this website and follow the progress of the next transcontinental expedition as the preparations begin, the organisation of the expedition progresses and then the actual expedition itself in 2013.

I look forward to meeting everyone through this adventure.

Yours Sincerely
Russell Osborne

No comments:

Post a Comment